Shuttle service in Sofia
We provide free shuttle service from terminal 1 and 2 of Sofia airport to our office, which is located only a minutes away from the airport. Our representative will meet you in Arrivals hall holding a plate with our company logo. Then you will be transferred to our office in less than 1 minute. Our shuttle bus is equipped with free WiFi.
Sightseeing around Sofia
Sofia is the biggest city and is capital of Bulgaria, and is economic, cultural and business center. Sofia is also the 15th largest city in European Union. The population of the city is about 1.3 million. The location of the city is very favorable, it is near the foot of the mountain Vitosha and Sofia pole. The contrast between mountain and pole makes the area extremely picturesque.
Sofia has very rich historical past, it is considered that the city is about 2,400 years old. That’s why it offers a lot of interesting archaeological and historical monuments.
Except all possibilities for business vacations, relaxing holidays, Sofia offers an excellent conditions for historical and cultural tourism. The city has a lot of churches, museums and cultural attractions. The most famous are:
- “The Church of St. George” – it is built in Roman style, considered as the oldest building in Sofia, and has impressive architecture.
- ” Church St. Sophia” – it is built by the Byzantines in the 6th century. It was constructed on the place of an ancient Roman theater.
- ” The Cathedral St. Aleaxander Nevsky” – it was built as a memorial for Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian and Bulgarian soldiers which died in Russian – Turkish war for independence of Bulgaria. It is one of the biggest Eastern Orthodox cathedrals in the world.
- National Historical Museum – it is one of the largest museums in Eastern Europe and has more over 650,000 artifacts. The part of the valuable things are Ancient Thracian treasures, ancient weapons and armors and medieval church plates.
- Earth and Man National Museum – one of the biggest mineralogical museums in the world. It was established in 1985.
- National Theater ” Ivan Vazov” it is considered as one of the most important in Bulgaria, because is the oldest and has a traditions.
- The National Palace of Culture is cultural and congressional center, the largest multinational complex in Southeastern Europe, and has important meaning for the country.
There are a lot of cultural monuments as theaters, nature parks, reserve Vitosha, national Opera, The Cathedral temple “St. Alexander Nevsky”. You could also enjoy practicing a lot of different sports, or go to one of the stadiums to watch a football match.
In Sofia you can also visit a lot of green parks, shopping centers, restaurants, pubs, disco clubs, restaurants and others.
You could also visit some other important cities, resorts and resort villages with a rental car from Sofia as: Plovdiv, Bansko, Borovets, Pamporovo, Samokov, Teteven, Velingrad, Koprivshtitsa and others. You could plan your trip and book a car, and it would be easy and fast to get it when you arrive to the airport. Sofia offers easy acces to every point of the country with a car rental.